Description of soil compaction tester
This tester is a penetrometer based on the ASAE S313.3 standard, which measures the compaction/settlement of the soil. The tester has two tips: one thin (1.3 cm in diameter) to use in firm soils, and a larger (1.9 cm in diameter) to use in soils that are less so.
Price: 750.00 euros HT
- Green (0 – 200 PSI ) Very low compaction: Good growing conditions
- Yellow (200 – 300 PSI ) Medium compaction: Reasonable growing conditions
- Red (300 PSI and above) Strong to very strong compaction: Insufficient growing conditions
- reduce the power needed to work the soil, wear tools, fuel consumption and work times per ha.
- naturally increase the root development and exploration of plants
- Better water retention and recovery
- improved efficiency of organic matter, fertilizers and indirectly plant protection products
- aeration beneficial to bacterial life, microfauna and overall physical and chemical exchanges
- to better exploit the potential of crops with increased yields